Thursday, January 10, 2013

Color Bomb Blanket

Well, I did it! Yesterday I finished my first Color Bomb Blanket. It's a baby blanket and the main color is pink, although there are some more colors... I never had so much fun making a blanket! It's so easy and there are hardly any loose ends to finish of. And the result... A 130 join as you go squares and I think it's stunning!


I chose the edging to be a little more romantic this time. I think it's a pretty contrast with the plain square pattern. And instead of starting the edging with double crochet, I started it with half double crochet and that what I am going to do from now on when making a granny blanket. It's a little bit tighter and works much better if you ask me.


I must admit, I was inspired by others with this pattern. There are soooo many examples of it online, but there are 2 which I loved especially. That's the one from Matt (according to Matt)and Maaike (CreJJtion). They both made beautiful versions. And now I'm totally hooked to this pattern. The color options are endless. I think I'll make another 3 versions and then put them in my Etsy shop...

And the little pup got a hold of my blanket when I wasn't looking and went to sleep on it. Naughty dog!

I also solved the lonely potholder issue. I decided to turn them into wall decoration! Smart, don't you think? Now I don't have to make seconds...


Today I'm thinking of new projects. I'm always a bit lost for a little while after finishing a project. I have so many options and ideas that I paralyze a little bit. But I like these moments, where everything is possible. So I brainstorm, I browse my books, make samples sometimes. But I'll show you soon!

Have a crafty day!




11 comments:

  1. You are right : your blanket is amazing!!! Love the way you decided to use your potholders, too!!!
    xxxx Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jenn

    You are so right, your blanket is amazing with such gorgeous colours.
    And your potholders are just perfect for hanging on a wall.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you via MemeRose, and I'm glad I did! Your blanket is a real triumph of colour, and the edging is fabulous. Look forward to seeing more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colors, and the edging is perfect indeed! And thanks for the hint with the half doubles, I'll try that the next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful blanket! love the colors, you are right, the choice has no limit! the baby who gets it will be so lucky. loved the choice of edging too:)
    have a nice day!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous! I absolutely love it! Makes me want to get out the crochet hook again... job well done! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, I am in total envy right now. That is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blog Jenn! I love your crochet, and that blanket is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. really gorgeous! and I like the edging. I must remember to make one of those pot holders! several things on the go at the moment! have a good weekend, Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful blanket and the potholders as decorations are great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very beautiful blanket and colorful! so jealous I wanna make one too! hope I can pull it off as a crochet beginner. :)

    Luanne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... 01 09 10